Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day One isn't even half over...

Tied... 25 seconds left. My bracket rooting for Kentucky.

I take a deep breath as they dribble back and forth, running down the shot clock.

Finally, after what seems like ages he moves in, to the basket.

He shoots, the ball flies through the air and then you see and hear that sound that only signals victory

'Swoosh'

I exhale and Kentucky wins.

There is something beautiful about 20 year old boys playing for the love of the game, a nation riveted to the same games cheering for teams they normally wouldn't think about (Morehead... anyone?) and students across the country passing their hours in class with their laptops and iphones on cbs.com, and sharing the scores in hushed whispers.

(why do professors even try?)

I believe in the power of march madness.

1 comment:

Shane said...

Love the post....wish I was in Denver enjoying it in person.