Monday, October 19, 2009

And Today Was A Day Just Like Any Other...

Ok, not really. I spent a grand total of 7 hours studying today, 3 hours of taking tests, and 2 hours of class. Not like any other day! As a general rule I usually try not to exceed the hours of I get of sleep the night before by the hours I study in one day, but today was an exception. In one way it was like any other day though.

Last night I prayed for very specific things, one of which was cloudy/rainy weather today. I knew it would be a long day, and that it would be a quiet day-the perfect kind of day for my favorite kind of weather-Rain.

Not everything I prayed for was answered in the way I would have hoped. Despite that though, it was a beautiful, grey skied, windy, rainy day. I think my Heavenly Father knew I would need that to make it through everything else. When all else seemed depressing, the rain made me smile.

Like any day, Heavenly Father answered my prayers. Not all in the way I hoped, but he did grant me my desire for rain. So tonight my prayer is not one of pleading, but of gratitude.

Gratitude for rain, for cloudy skies, for beautiful red and yellow leaves, for my health as well as the health of my roommates, for frozen yogurt, for my purple scarf, for a mom who puts up with my phone calls-even when I don't have anything to say, for friends, for an ankle brace, for a later due date in IR, for the love sac, for patience, for trials, for determination, for a new day in the morning and the fresh start it brings, for a comfy bed, for peace, for the gospel, for my Savior and today, especially today, for prayers being answered. Because they always are.

1 comment:

Shane said...

Yep, we've got much to be grateful for...I know I am for you!