Wednesday, March 21, 2012

EOCZ

About two weeks ago I sent the following text message to my mother
"Mom. Can we please just get away for a weekend? I am dying here in Provo. I need a change of scenery/pace for a few days."
(Anyone who lives in Provo understands that this happens sometimes)

 Then last Tuesday happened. It was one of those awful stressful no good days, until there was a knock at my door. Two of my friends were there to invite me (by each speaking every other word) to come to California with them for the weekend.

It was too perfect.

Obviously I found someone to work for me, blew off school and went to California.
And I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I've made in awhile.

I mean how could it not be when it involved:

-the kindness of the Miyharah family
-making up our own acronym. involving the word "zoo"


-Jelly Belly
-the roller coaster in Primm

-Fitting in on Rodeo drive.... oh wait that didn't happen.

-pillow talk
-Raoul and Kian.(wow-how did I avoid these awkward encounters?)
-the man at johnny rockets who loves his job more than anyone should

 
-Visiting the LA temple


-Just Dance parties with Grandma
-metaphors
-finding out why we celebrate st. patricks day... not
-everything Sammy said

-movies in the hot tub
-paddle boarding and kayaking





-finally, after 2 weeks, having diet coke again

-How we spent the hours in the car: singing very loud and very off key(maybe the off-key part was just me), discussing our ward crushes, taking awkward photos, and asking very detailed questions about someones ideal woman. (she will have great eyebrows)


-The beach! Sure, it was kind of cloudy, and not the 80 degrees I was hoping for  but it was still beautiful




-Hanging out with these crazy wonderful people.
Every time I hear Fun I'll always think of them.

Thanks for the mini spring break guys! I can't wait till we do it again this summer.


Pictures are all either stolen from Brit or via our iphones.

No comments: