Monday, June 11, 2012

Graduation

Tuesday June 5th at 6:00pm Abbie became a high school graduate.
I can't believe how grown up she is.
I'm so proud of her and all that she has accomplished. I feel like graduating high school is the ending of childhood, and the beginning of figuring out how to be this thing called a "grown up", and I'm so excited to see the wonderful "grown up" that she becomes.


I don't think I've ever seen this man so excited...


Abbie,


I love you dearly, and could not be more proud of you. High school was great for you, but more importantly you became great from it. It didn't give you everything you wanted, but it taught you how to find joy in everything. It gave you great friends, good experiences, some education, a sense of belonging, and a place to learn.


When I look back on high school I don't remember the tests, classes or even some of the material I learned, but I remember vividly the dances, the conversations between classes in the halls, where my locker was, who I sat in classes with, where I laughed and cried, and the experiences that helped me realize who I really was. I know it will be the same with you. So always remember what you've learned. Not necessarily what you were taught by the teachers, but what you were taught by life.


I love you.
Colie
PS-Becoming a grown up-as scary as it sounds-is also pretty great. I know you'll love it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now-as much as I love Abbie, graduations are never fun. Here is how I passed the time...



No comments: