Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Perfect Day

Monday was just one of those days. You know the type-the ones that make all the other days, the hard ones that is, more than worth it. Monday was one of those days that put things back into perspective-where so many happy things happened that I was absolutely overwhelmed with joy.

I went to the Parade of Homes and enjoyed a delicious lunch with my sister. It was wonderful to get to spend time with her.

I got an e-mail from my missionary, and that sister of mine always knows just what to say to make me smile.

I got to have a "girls night" with some of my very favorite girls, and introduce a couple of them to cakebites.

I got to see one of my favorite couples.

I chatted with my amazing parents.

I spent time with my favorite guy, who, as always made me laugh in the best way.

My very oldest and dearest friend got her mission call.

And...

I got offered my first, grown-up, real-life, big deal job.

As I drove back from Provo late that night, listening to my friend thousands of miles away read her mission call I was overwhelmed with gratitude for this life that I'm lucky enough to claim. I am surrounded by lovely, kind, generous people, I have a happy home, a great education, and now a new job.

Life is pretty wonderful these days. I am one blessed girl.

No comments: