Monday, August 19, 2013

All I Want is a Bouquet of Newly Sharpened Pencils..

"Don't you just love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."

Ever since I first heard this line I've had some crazy day dream fantasy about receiving a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils as grand gesture to usher in the season that I hold most dear and near to my heart. Call me Kathleen Kelly.

I just live for the fall. I come alive in the fall. I am most me in the fall.

And although it is technically still Summer in so many ways-the biggest that it is only August-it is fall in my heart.

I've watched You've Got Mail. I'm in an e-bay bidding war for a new Vera Bradley planner. I'm seeking out stationary and pencils. I'm eyeing my cardigans with eager anticipation. I'm craving pumpkin bagels. And today I started working my first ever grown up job-thus ending my summer, and summer as I've known it thus far in life.

So for me-it's Fall. And I must say that if one season had to come early this year-I'm sure glad it's this one.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a little Fall Bucket List to create. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

No comments: