Sunday, August 30, 2015

Start Spreading the News


We found out about the baby back at the end of May, and we lasted all of about four days before we told my parents. We just live so close to them, and them so much that I didn't' think I'd be able to keep it a secret very long. They were happily surprised, and of course ecstatic about being grandparents. I don't think I'll ever forget their reactions. About a week later Nate's parents were in town so we got to tell them in person too! They were so happy to have another grand baby, and we were so happy that we got to tell them in person!

On Fathers Day we told our siblings and although some of them didn't believe us at first (3 of the 5 siblings), they were all so excited! Once they realized we weren't joking.

Telling people about the baby has been one of my favorite things. It has really made me realize how lucky we are to have such wonderful people in our lives. I've always thought that I was blessed with the very best people in my life, and that feeling has only grown as I've gotten to love all of Nate's people too. We feel so blessed that our baby is already loved by so many.

No comments: