Wednesday, December 23, 2015

It's Christmastime


This December has been crazy. Between moving, working, and growing a human we've been stressed to our limits. There has been no time to just relax, making this the most stressful and busy December of my life. I've had to work harder than any year before to slow down, and seek moments of quiet peace in order to feel the Christmas spirit. However, as I've done this I've seen more and more that the things of this season do not matter-all that matters are the spirit and the reason for it-our savior Jesus Christ. 

"Take time to relax, be at peace, and see this little child in your mind. Do not be too concerned or overwhelmed with what is coming in His life or in yours. Instead, take a peaceful moment to contemplate perhaps the most serene moment in the history of the world-when all of heaven rejoiced with the message 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men' (Luke 2:14)"

-Elder D. Todd Christofferson 


As I've tried to simplify my view of the Savior-focusing only on this miraculous moment in his life, I've been able to simplify my view on the rest of the season-focusing more on what really matters. For that reason, it has been a beautiful Christmas season-and it's not over yet!


No comments: