Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Thanksgiving in Bend

Nate and I were lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving this year in beautiful Bend, Oregon. Thanksgiving in Bendy will always be special to me. Back in 2013 Nate took me for our first Thanksgiving together. While there I fell in love with the rest of his family, saw a business card for a jewelry company fall out of his wallet, and realized that I wanted to brush my teeth with him every night. For different reasons, each of those things makes me incredibly happy to remember. 

This year was no exception. Despite being 29 weeks pregnant, and in the middle of packing/moving back in Utah (more on that later) we decided to go for awhile and spent 9 days there. It was wonderful! We went to movies, relaxed, played games, watched the snow fall, cuddled nieces and nephews, ate delicious food, and enjoyed our time surrounded by family. I am always thankful that I married into such a wonderful family-but this Thanksgiving I felt extra thankful to get to call them mine. Those Raus are something special, and I feel pretty honored to share their name. 








Oh yea, Nate snagged the best Black Friday deal of the year-$100 off a purchase at Columbia. After a markdown, and this coupon Nate got a $300 coat for $40 bucks! I couldn't be more proud1

1 comment:

Katie said...

I couldn't agree more--you married into a pretty amazing family. Wish I could see them all more often!