Monday, November 17, 2008

Count Your Blessings

Tis the season to be Thankful, and although I've been listening to Christmas music for awhile now and am counting down the days til I can put my little tree up, I do love thanksgiving and decided I would share some of the things I'm most thankful for with you. Here are just a few in no particular order:
*The Gospel
*The scriptures
*My calling as a FHE "mom"
*The Angels in my life
I notice them every now and then, the random people who smile at me, the friends who call just to see how I am, and the ones I don't see but have promised to watch out for me from the other side
*the color pink
*my friends
*My vision
*Football
This is Rachele's and mine football faces... ya we look so tough grrrr
*Free Hot chocolate that is handed out around campus for random reasons
*The office
*Chick Flicks
*Winter Attire
*Cute boys (sorry there aren't any pictures of this one, I didn't want to be a creeper)
*Mocs

It really is the little things in life that I'm grateful for, such as wearing my mocs around campus... yes we rock the mocs!
*Great Music
*Chocolate!!
*Facebook
*The opportunity I have to go to school (right now I'm trying to remind myself its an opportunity, not a curse, but I really am thankful)
*My Family
Lately my family has been going through a lot, with my Pops in the process of passing away. Its been so hard for each of us, but as we go through this I realize just how grateful I am for my family, and for the blessing they are in my life. I'm so grateful for eternal families and to be a member of my awesome family. I love you family!
*My laptop
*My beautiful car!
*The Fab Five
Brooke, Rachel, Gwen, Rachelle and I all make up the "Fab Five" We all live in Hinckley Hall together and have become the best of friends! I seriously don't know what I would do without these girls here. They are always making me smile and we have so much fun!

2 comments:

Shane said...

When I read your blog it always reminds me of how thankful I am that you're my daughter. Keep being the great young lady that you are. I hope you know your family loves you.

Mandy said...

Nicole I love how honest you are with your feelings. It is amazing at how close we can feel to the spirit when we are "Counting Our Blessings"