Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

This past week has been so nice! Due to some classes being canceled I was able to head home Monday night and spend the entire week there. Thursday we had an amazing dinner at my Aunt and Uncles house with my great family. This Thanksgiving was different than past Thanksgivings though, with three less chairs around the table. That was hard, yet I'm so Thankful for the role each of those angels have played in my life. Friday we decorated the house for Christmas, which is one of my very most favorite things to do and went to see Four Christmases as a family. Overall it was just so nice to be with my family, be at home and enjoy their company. Here are a few highlights of the week:
~Getting my very tired mom to dance around the kitchen to Mica's Grace Kelly with Megan and I
~Putting the ornaments on the tree
~Seeing Twilight with Abbie
~Sleeping in while my sisters went to school
~Watching Christmas Vacation with my family, edited by Dad and his usually perfectly timed mute button skills
~Going with Dad to buy me a nativity for my little dorm
~Seeing the lights at temple square and the gateway on Saturday with some friends
~Talking to my Pops
~Eating cupcakes from the cutest little cupcake place outside of New York, So Cupcakes
~Seeing old friends!
~Discovering a new Chinese Restaurant with great cream cheese won tons
~Playing Apples to Apples with Chris, Liz, Zach, my sisters, and sometimes James
~Eating Cafe Rio
~Enjoying the feeling of the Holidays that was all around my house! I loved it!
It was so relaxing to be at home this week and I'm so grateful that I got to be there with my family. I'm so thankful for many things in my life, but they are one of the things I'm the very most grateful for. Each one of them truly is a huge blessing in my life!

2 comments:

Shane said...

It was so great to have you home last week...we loved it. I appreciated all of the extra help you gave. With our lives so crazy right now we needed the help and excitment you bring with you.

Can't wait for finals to be over and have you come back for Christmas!

We love you...remember that!

Nicole said...

Trust me, you aren't the only one who is excited for finals to be done! ha ha ha i should probably start studying for those! jk dad!