Saturday, November 1, 2008

To You

I love
that I'm one of your favorites
I love
the way you still smile whenever I come visit
I love
your stories, and how you make any story well worth the time it takes to tell it
I love
the way you never complain, despite how much you've been through
I love
eating juice and crutons with you
I love
how you laugh
I love
that you tell me I'm beautiful even though you can't see me
I love
when you talk about my future, and how great it will be
I love
that you are proud of me
I love
the memories we have, Christmas, underdogs, and you always being there
I love
the way you never let your disablities limit you
I love
when you would forget to put your eye in and we would laugh for hours
I love
the way you saw the good in people
I love
the love you have for family
I love
how you tried your best, always
I love
your faith
I love
how you raised her, to in turn raise me
I love
how forgiving and understanding you are
I love
how you keep your promises
I love
that we mean the world to you, and how you mean the same to us
I love
that you had the courage to do what was right, no matter what anyone said
I love
your nose
I love
that you love me so much
I love
that no matter how many times you fell, you got back up
I love
you....

3 comments:

Shane said...

Nicole, what a beautiful description of such a great man. I know how difficult it is to watch him leave and go thorugh his last big struggle. However, I also know that he leaves the world a better place because of his life and influence on everyone. Now we have to rely on our own faith and know that he will always be there keeping "both" eyes on us.

You are amazing...both he and I know it!

robyne said...

Thanks honey, I can't think of a better tribute to Pops than that is! You goofball, you make me cry! I love you and I am so proud of you!

DandE said...

Nicole- what a tremendous tribute to a great man. You are in our family's thoughts and prayers. You are an incredible young lady and example to us all.
Erik, Deanna and family.