Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Christmas List

What I want for Christmas:
Time, time is so precious, and I want more of it to spend with my family
Late night Christmas movies with my sisters
Sugar Cookies made with love and the special memories that come with making them
Dinner at Aunt Debbie's with everyone around
My Pops to go home, be free of pain, and to be happy
Finals to be done, and over
To just relax and look at the lights on the beautiful tree all night
Laughter that comes so hard and so fast my stomach aches
To sleep in my own bed and wake up to fresh beautiful snow
A break from everyone and everything here
To just be completely comfortable, like I only can be at home
To dance around the kitchen with my dad
To read books with my mom, and talk with just her
Snow to build a snowman with
To sit by the heater vent with a cup of cocoa, after being out in a beautiful snow storm
Time to hold still, late in the night when I'm just sitting in the living room with my family talking about life, our dreams, and our hopes.
A fresh new year, a chance to renew, begin again, and be better
To be surrounded with those I love and care most about
Time... more time surrounded by all the things I love most, in the place I love most

Its funny how things change as you grow up. I used to think that as I got older Christmas would lose its luster, but now I see that as you get older and leave home you look forward to it so much more, and need it more. I don't care about the camera or clothes I asked for. I'll live without the extra socks and candy. I wouldn't even care if there wasn't one gift for me when I woke up on Christmas, all I want is to be home with my family surrounded by love. Only 8 more days till I get to come home, and stay home! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Shane said...

Can't wait for you to come home and enjoy all of those memories either! Not certain you'll get the "Daddy dancing in the kitchen" wish...but who knows.

We love you and are so very proud of the great YW you are!

Mandy said...

Nicole, I know exactly how you feel, I am much older now but still look forward to Christmas and really look forward to being with all my family and I mean all my family. Can't wait to see home for a little bit. We sure do love you!