Sunday, December 21, 2008

Peace

It was such a peaceful dream, the snow was coming down gently, and my parents and I stood there, knowing he was gone yet feeling peace. I awoke to a gently falling December snow outside my window, the world still. It felt so real. When the call came I stood at the window and talked to my dad. As I watched the snow fall, I knew he never would fall again, yet a few tears slowly fell down my cheek and all I could feel was peace. He left with a smile on his face, a smile of peace. No more pain, no more hurt. Just peace. I've been prepared for this. From the beginning I knew something was coming, something big, something life changing, and it came. And I'm stronger for it. And I'm better for overcoming it. And it still hurts, and tears fall as I type this, but now with the funeral over and the flowers fading all I'm left with are memories of yesterdays. And peace. So much Peace.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Nicole, what a beautiful feeling. I know what the feeling is like, although it has been many years since my dear Opa passed or just a few months since Grandpa London passed the feeling is still there. You have a beautiful testimony and you are a very strong young woman. Sometimes when I look at you and your sisters I see the little ones that I have come to love. Always smiles and laughter. I love you!!!!

robyne said...

Thanks....and of course I ditto your feelings, and love you so much
Mom