Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Doors

I am constantly making decisions, choosing one thing, opening doors, deciding. With each decision I make I open the door to something, and by doing so every other possible door closes. Everything else that could have been is no longer an option for a reality. I open a door by deciding, and from that decision although the other options close, other new doors open. After all when one door closes another one opens. In life I don't let myself look back with regrets, I tell myself that I can't spend my time wondering what would have happened had I chosen the other door. Sometimes I get so caught up in not dwelling on the past that I don't take the time to ponder the path that led me to the doors I now face. The things that meant enough to me to influence me to put my hand out, and pull a door open. Today I let myself stroll back down the path and remember what brought me to where I now am, and I discovered a few things. I found out just how many doors I have already opened, and that in my life the doors I haven't opened have not really been missed. It was this discovery that reminded me about how this life works. I chose a door to open. Sometimes I think for a long time about which one to open, others I do it quickly and spontaneously but always I chose. After I chose I make the effort, I twist the handle, I open the door. Then I do the hard part- I walk through the now open door, not knowing whats coming. I act upon my decision. This is the test of my faith. I exercise this faith, I put it all in the Lord's hand, and he blesses me with more doors, with help choosing doors, and with his companionship when I have to walk through one. And no matter what, if I'm doing the right thing, putting my trust in him, and doing everything I can he will make sure the right doors come along, and that they will all lead me to what is good, and what is right. It's this knowledge that makes it easier for me to face all these doors, knowing that I am not alone in choosing, and that I never will be.

2 comments:

Shane said...

Pretty cool post! Sometimes I think how much easier it would be if what was behind the door was listed on it! However, we wouldn't learn much that way...would we?

Love ya kid..

robyne said...

you are so much smarter than I was at your age! I am proud of you sweetie!

Love You!