Friday, April 3, 2009

Weekend Getaway...

WELL-Pretty much my friends are awesome. Not only are they hilarious, put up with my crazy loud laughter no matter the time of day(or night), and often have brilliant ideas(well at least some of them...) they also have very strong testimonies of the gospel, and are great influences to me of how to live my life. So because they are so awesome when they first invited me to come with them for a weekend to go to the Manti and St. George temples I knew it was going to be a trip I'd never forget... And I was not disappointed
We left Friday afternoon and drove to Manti. There we ate dinner in the temple cafeteria before doing baptisms and confirmations. It was such a beautiful experience and I loved being able to share that spiritual time with these friends. After finishing there we drove to St. George, well we drove until about 5 miles out of St. George, turned around and drove back to Ceder City, and then turned around and drove back(long story..) That was only the beginning of our night though.. We were up late watching the boys sumo wrestle, joke about the Boston Couch Part, and listening to them giggle. Eventually they quieted down enough and we fell asleep.
Being crazy on the drive home
Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to get to the St. George temple. Actually our alarms didn't go off and had it not been for Ryan we probably wouldn't have made it. On my way into the temple I tripped, on a curb, and broke my favorite pair of bright pink high heels. It was tragic, but their is no rest for the righteous and we kept on running into the temple. We had another amazing experience there that morning serving these people who did not have the opportunity to do these ordinances in their lifetime. The spirit was so strong, and I loved being there.
Playing the marshmallow game Saturday night

After going to the temple we went to breakfast, ran to home depot, took the boys to a buffet, went shopping, took naps and went swimming! We all had so much fun just hanging out together, and laughing nonstop! Highlights of the afternoon were playing volleyball in the pool, Stacie having a 'bagel' at McDonald's, and watching the skinny beautiful girls at the pool when Mitch started acting like a whale... good times
The gorgeous Manti temple. I loved the temple workers at both these temples and decided that I so want to do that when I grow up!
After a fun afternoon at the pool we came back, showered and went out to dinner. We chose Iggy's so we could all watch some March Madness (Great idea Stacie!) and as an added bonus enjoyed some great buns made by a wonderful baker! After that, and a quick picture stop with a tumble weed that is bigger than an elephant in the wild, wild west, it was off to Fiesta Fun to race in the go-karts! Later we went to target, got frozen custard, and played the marshmallow game! It was such a fun night!
Car and I are pretty crazy sometimes... Congrats on winning the race Car-even though you cheated-they are not bumper cars!... :)
Sunday morning we slept in-which was very much needed! After waking up we went to Sacrament meeting, cleaned up the van and the condo, went to In-N-Out Burger and headed back to snow in Provo.

I had so much fun with my friends! More than it was fun though it was such a neat experience to go to these temples and feel the spirit so strongly! Thanks to my friends for inviting me, and making it so fun! I can't wait to go back again sometime soon hopefully!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Coley, I wish I would have thought of that when I was your age, Wow you are amazing. I love you, glad you had a good time.

Shane said...

Glad you had such a fun trip! Sorry about the pink shoes...I know they were your favorites.