Sunday, April 26, 2009

Has It Really Been A Month Since I Last Posted?

A month? Really? Wow time flies when your having fun, or um.. studying for finals... yea right! Anyways these have been the happenings in my life the last little bit:
Easter weekend with Abbie:
My parents and Meg all went to California Easter weekend for choir tour, leaving me and Abbie here in the cold! We managed to have lots of fun though! Highlights of the week include introducing Abbie to J Dawgs, going to the Hannah Montana movie(twice!), eating dinner at Aunt Debbie's(also twice! She is amazing), having a big kid Easter egg hunt with the cousin.s, cosmic bowling, going to Color Me Mine, visiting Grandma, learning about bubble gum pop in my music 101 class, buying $ store gifts for each other and watching Friends while playing Skip Bo!

In the car... No doubt driving back and forth from Sandy to Provo-which is how we spent almost the entire weekend! Good thing we had the Hannah Montana soundtrack to keep us entertained!
Easter with Grandma... "I'm just surprised we're having a party today!"

School:
Well finals came, and much to my disbelief, went! There is such relief that comes with the end of finals! And so it is that I finished my first year at BYU. It was a very long one(and not just because they don't sell Diet Coke on campus) but I learned a lot and made many good friends! I loved this first year and I'm so grateful for all the opportunities it provided me with!

Shell and I after the most intense game of red rover I've ever played.. I'm going to miss my singles ward FHE

Life:
I'm official moved home for the Summer now! The plan is to live here with my family and find a job(hopefully real soon) and work a lot! It's good to be back home where a big smile a few kind words gets you Cafe Rio and movie tickets paid for by the parentals! More than anything though I love being with my family so much. My mom keeps telling me that I'll be more than excited to head back to BYU in the fall but for now I'm just enjoying where I'm at. Dorthy got it right-there really is no place like home! Now if I could just get a cute pair of red flats and an adorable puppy...

Gotta love Chili's girls night out during Priesthood...
Life really is good....

3 comments:

Mandy said...

It is so good to have you home!!! The funny thing is I know you are a cousin but I feel more like your aunt than a cousin. You were so little when I married into the family and well I just love you to pieces. Thanks for the help with the kids.!

robyne said...

It is sooo great to have you home! I need to update my blog too! Keep smiling!

Shane said...

It's good to have you home. Now wish I was..ha, ha. Love ya.