Sunday, August 16, 2009

You Do The Math

Friday:
1 cute baby boy + 1 funny dog + 4 hours of fun= a wonderful babysitting experience
Saturday:
5 hours of sleep + 1 6:00 AM temple appointment + 3 Diet Cokes + 36 teenagers to help my mom feed + 2 trips up to the U + 1 sick grandma + 3 different outfits = a long but rewarding day
Sunday:
4 sacrament meetings + 2 farewells + 3 high counselors + 3 eclairs + + 4 missionaries - all the ones that have gone before + 13 hymns + quite a few tears + spending the day with the best family and friends = An amazingly spiritual day, but exhausting

Oh weekend-where did you go? Can't you start all over? I'm now so tired I need a weekend to rest from my weekend!

On a related note-where did the summer go? Here I am gathering shoes, pots, pans and clothes and getting ready to head back to school and rent paying and grocery shopping and all that other grown up stuff(along with all the fun stuff like being back with my roommates, looking for some cute boys, and loving football season!) .... Am I ready? Will I find all my books? Will I stress myself out with work, school, church and a social life? Will I make friends? Will I have more fun the 2nd time around? Will I get accepting to nursing school? Will I have what it takes?

I'm not sure: All I know is that in one of my many sacrament meetings today I heard this, and knew it was written for me:
"I loved to choose and see my path but now- lead thou me on"
So I'm not choosing anymore- I'm letting him. And I'm not going to be able to see where it leads-but he knows exactly.

Lead thou me on.

2 comments:

Shane said...

I hear you....that was one busy weekend!!! Love reading your blog, it always brightens my day. Besides that, I'm very proud of you and love ya tons!

Clayton said...

Friday:
1 cute baby boy + 1 funny dog + 4 hours of fun= a wonderful babysitting experience


That's my cute baby boy! - He had fun, thank you again for hanging out with him.