Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Love When We Do Things For Fun

I mean, most everything here in London is fun for us. But not everything is done simply with the intent of having fun. For example-as fun as the V&A is we never say:

"Oh it would be so fun to walk around and look for picturesque paintings today"

It usually goes like this:

"Oh we really need to do that field assignment for Jane Austen so lets head out to the V&A"

And we grab our Oyster cards and head to Queensway. However sometimes we do things with the sole intent of:

"Hey, I could be reading my Humanities book or running to the millions of field assignments Saint Tate assigned but lets hit up the Natural History Museum"
(Oh yea-a giant fetus from Uterus room of the Natural History Museum. The sign says it's eight times a normal size-if this is eight times a normal size I'm never giving birth. Try a million times bigger!)
Or Hard Rock

(Don't even try to tell me this doesn't look like heaven. And, we're planning on Hard Rock in Dublin for Thanksgiving Dinner. Yea, we're still American inside)

Or Phantom of the Opera.

Which are just a few of those "just for fun" things we've been up to lately.

Along with watching What Happens in Vegas and playing MASH. Yep, you're never too old to play MASH-especially when you live with 38 girls.

So, life is good here. From the "just for fun" to the "need to do" I have a good time all around.

Only one regret so far-not being able to watch Utah football. My boys better head to a bowl game so I can watch them play at least once this season! Other than that-no complaints!

PS-I'm heading North for the week. Not really sure what that entails, but I know it will be beautiful! I'll blog when I get back. Hopefully it won't take me as long as Paris to recover from :)

1 comment:

robyne said...

Loving your blogs, so glad you finally got to see Phantom! I Love you to pieces!!