Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 4th...finally

Spending 24 hours with someone for 100 days straight you get to know them pretty well. Such is the case with Jessica and I. I can tell you her favorite baseball team, the longest she'll go without washing her hair, what she'd pick up at Tesco (obviously dr. pepper and bueno.. sometimes some jelly snakes), parts of her life story, and much about her family. However, it took me 100 days, all day every day to get to this point. It took me only seconds upon meeting her to know that she was engaged, and madly in love with her best friend.


Over those 100 days we had amazing once in a life time experiences, I thought she was happy that night we walked through the fountain at the Louvre, or went to a football match. Or when we sprung for Jersey Boys tickets, and saw St. Pauls. However it wasn't until January, when I saw her for the first time since returning that I saw Jessica completely and totally happy. It was a new level of happiness, one I just couldn't have even imagined.


What was so different that night?


She had her Parker there.


And yesterday, after being in love for quite awhile, they were finally married in the Salt Lake Temple.


And words can't describe how happy they looked all day yesterday. Her and Parker were seriously glowing a little!

I loved being able to just watch them, and their loved ones, celebrate their marriage, and the beginning of their new and forever life together.


Jess asked me to be at the temple when they came out, as husband and wife, and I wouldn't have missed that for anything. Seeing one of my best friends that happy and excited made me so happy for her. After all the time apart, here they were, never to be parted again.


It was the most beautiful day.


That night they had a dinner for close friends and family. Of course I totally messed up and my battery wasn't in my camera but I grabbed a few shots on my phone. The dinner was gorgeously decorated(the candles hanging above the head table were my favorite), the food was delicious(loved the cake)and there was so much laughter and happiness everywhere! It was fun to hear their dads tell them how much they loved them, see them dance to "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" and watch them stuff cake in each other's faces.


During those 100 days in London I heard about all the wedding details, saw photos of the dress, blog stalked the photographer, and watched countless videographers looking for the right one...but always the talk turned back to being about Parker. I felt like I knew him before I even met him-I've never heard a girl gush so much about her fiance. Probably because I've never seen a couple so in love.


So, Parker and Jessica (who better not be reading this for quite awhile) thanks for letting me be apart of your day. Seeing you two so in love is inspiring, and it makes everyone around you so happy. I'm glad June 4 finally came, and excited to see the life you two build together. Because, you're truly amazing together, and will do such amazing things. I love you guys.


Of course the one picture I got on my phone of Jess and I was blurry... Isn't she beautiful though!




This shot is for you Jess-the chairs...


(I think you're worrying was worthwhile-everything was perfect)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jess looks stunning! And the chairs...they look great. I like the ribbons and I'm glad they won out over chair covers hahahaha

Lauren said...

favorite. couple. EVER!

I think our whole floor was in love with Parker before we had ever seen him.

Jess said...

Aww Thanks Nico. I am so glad you were there. Thank you for putting up with my stressing and moping in London. And for making me have some fun while I was at it.