Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One Year Ago...

"though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." - ralph waldo emerson

One year ago today I said goodbye to my home, my parents, sisters, half my closet, my comfort zone and my fears and embraced the most beautiful of all things-my dreams.

I remember being a mix of scared and excited as I got ready the night before. Excited to go where I'd only ever dreamed of, excited to call the greatest city in the world home; sad to leave the friends and family, scared to truly on my own.

But, through this experience I learned more than I can ever express, even with the most beautiful of words. When I think how much my life has changed in this past year, I realize how much of it I owe to London. My friends. My increased love of literature, arts, and culture. My strengthened confidence. My wonderful roommates. My improved testimony and relationship with my Savior.

I am who I am today because I had that experience of London.

So, although this year will be spent in Provo, going about a regular, ordinary every day life it will be extraordinary, because I've lived dreams, learned more about myself, and given a large piece of my heard to that other home of mine.

And so London lives on here, even in Provo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------



"Landed in London at 8:30 this morning. First thought-disbelief that I'm here. Then-wow it is very beautiful here! I'm in love with this city and I've only been here 8 hours! I can't believe I'm living here." -Aug. 31 2010

"Sister Seeley says that when you go home you should ask yourself 'How has this journey changed me?' I'm not sure I'll fully understand that until I get home and back into real life... This journey has brought many new people into my life-friends that have changed and influenced me for the better and have taught me so much. These people will always have a place in my heart and I feel honored to have them in my life... I hope that I can always remember the things I've felt and learned while in London and use them to better myself now and throughout my life."-December 15 2010

No comments: