Sunday, August 21, 2011

So Blessed


Lately I've been overwhelmed with gratitude and love for the people I have in my life. Seriously, the past week especially I've just felt like the luckiest girl in the world and here is why:
-I have a cousin, who is also a masseuse (did I spell that right? who cares! however you spell it she rocks at it) and upon finding out that my back and right shoulder blade were all sorts of messed up she drove on over, set up her table and worked out all those nasty knots. And my back has felt much much better! But more than that I've felt much happier because being with her just does that to me.
-I have a friends who are currently scattered throughout the country but some days I spend hours on the phone just catching up. It's amazing to know that no matter how far away they are we are still good friends. (and they are all coming home to Utah so soon. I can not wait.)
-I have another friend took time away from the hubby and her home in Logan to go shopping with me, which was really just an excuse for girl time and Sbarro pizza. And I could not have been more excited.
-I have a boss who is so kind, and understanding and truly cares about me, my happiness, and my education. I've never worked for someone who really understood that education was number 1 before, and it's beautifully refreshing. At work I feel welcome, and cared for and I can honestly say I consider this job one of my very biggest blessings.
-I have a good, good friend who has looked past all my faults, past and present, and still likes hanging out with me even if all we do is get ice cream or grilled cheese at Sonic and browse the racks at Target.
-I have the greatest aunts, uncles and cousins in the world. I'm especially grateful for monthly meals, and the constant laughter and love that exists when we're all together.
-I have so many people who I consider to be friends. My high school buddies, my amazing roommates past and present, the London gang, and all those others who I feel honored to have in my life.
-And most importantly I have an amazing family. A father who loves and provides for us. Seriously I don't know what I'd do about cracked windshields, taxes, or planning for my future without him. I have a mother who spends endless amounts of time on the phone with me. She knows everything (don't tell her I admitted that) and I love that she is not only a great mother but a dear friend. And I have my two best of buds, my sisters who will drive to Provo on a whim just to visit.
See, I'm very, very blessed. But I'm guessing you all are too!

1 comment:

robyne said...

Great post! you are very blessed! I am too, cuz I have you, your sisters, and your dad