Monday, March 25, 2013

A Birthday of Favorites

As I mentioned before, my sweet roommates decided to throw Melissa and I a little combined birthday party Saturday night. The theme was all of our favorite things. They had our favorite treats (the Samoa cupcakes were outrageously good), our favorite snacks (the homemade salsa was to-die-for), our favorite drinks (so much Diet Coke!) our favorite music was playing, our favorite people were there, they even had the guests write down their favorite things about us!

It was fun to share so many of my favorite things, with so many of my favorite people. Mostly though it was fun to share it with Melissa-one of my favorite friends.

Of course we failed miserably at taking pictures, but here are a few we got from the fun night!



Actually this one is my favorite from the night.... it's really our true personalities 



Keeping in the theme of favorites, Monday night my roommates and I built a birthday blanket fort to celebrate. It was so fun to have a little slumber party. And then on Tuesday I bid farewell to 22, and welcomed 23!

Hanging out in the blanket fort, reading one of my favorite gifts

My actual birthday involved so many more favorites: my roommates surprised me with Einstein's for breakfast, Ash joined me for bagel lunch/fort hang/Friends watching, my family came and took me to dinner, friends came for dessert, other friends called and text me throughout the day.

Basically it was a perfect day.


All these kind words made my day
Surprise treats at work

Sunday we finished the week of celebrating with the traditional chicken roll up dinner, and dessert with the Childs, some of my very, very favorite people.

Honestly though, and yes I'm about to get cheesy, the very best part was celebrating with my favorite people. I say it in every post here but I am surrounded by the very best kind of people. I didn't need a party, bagels, JT's new CD, Diet Coke or even a blanket fort to have a good day-really all  needed was them. So thanks pals and family-with all of you in my life how could 23 not be the best?

No comments: