Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Wedding: Our People


I've always maintained the firm stance that the people in my life are simply the best. The people I'm honored to call my family, and friends are quite frankly, the most kind, giving, happy group. The love, joy, laughter, peace and clarity they bring to my life leaves me overwhelmingly content. Words do not exist to express the way I feel for them.

One of many good things Nate has brought into my life is his circle of people. I've been surprised at the love I feel for his people, some of whom I've never even met. As I've listened to his stories involving these people, the impact they've left on his life is evident. I've come to love strangers because of the love they've shown to the one I love the most. It's a new, and beautiful feeling.

So we were very pleased to have so many of OUR people celebrate with us. Our people, because that's what they've become. So many of our people sacrificed so much in order to be with us, others unable to attend sent their love through cards, texts and phone calls, and the happiness they all brought into our day is immeasurable. 

Because our people are simply the best. 









































I can't finish a post about our people without a shout out to our parents. It was because of them that everything from this day was possible. So thanks Mom and Dad for looking at venues, watching me try on dresses, taking me to fittings, meeting with awful caterers, tracking down addresses, paying for all above things, and often calming my stressed soul. Mom and Dad Rau thank you for Nate's suit, for traveling, for the dinner, for the open house, for making me feel so welcome through this whole process, and for raising the man of my dreams. We love you all. 

All our beautiful wedding pictures were taken by the very talented Tracy Hill

2 comments:

Jess said...

Still gushing over those little girls flower crowns. All of these pictures are to die for beautiful!!

Jordan said...

The picture of Nate and his mom is one of my favorites in all of those. Love seeing all of these pictures :)