Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Our Oregon Honeymoon


When we decided to get married in the middle of the semester we knew we wouldn't be able to take a long honeymoon immediately after. Instead we decided on a quiet weekend getaway to a stunning Bed and Breakfast not too far from home. It was cozy, happy, and perfect.

However, we also decided that when school was out we'd go on a proper honeymoon. And so it was that we got to spend a week a Nate's favorite place in the world-the Oregon coast.


 Ok so place was just on the drive to the coast-but still-isn't it stunning?



 Since we were already heading to Oregon for a reception/open-house in Bend, it worked out so well to go to the coast after. I always knew I'd like the Oregon coast. From everything I'd heard I considered it my kind of coast-gorgeous in a rocky, rainy, grey kind of way. I loved it, but I've got to admit-I loved it even more than I thought I would. It was so beautiful, and such a romantic place.  

We got to stay at a condo right on the coast where we could see the whales majestic spurts from our bed. We had such a good time going to the tide pools, looking around the shops, flying kites, touring the Tillamook factory, look for sea shells, checking out the aquarium, and going out whale watching. Each day brought a new adventure, and each night I fell asleep to the sound of the ocean beating against the rocks right outside our window. 


 After the beach we headed straight to the Sea Hag for the best clam chowder of my life












However, the very best part about it was that I got to spend all day, each day, with my best friend. We'd come there right off of his finals, and once we got home he left for a three week field study-so we especially enjoyed that week we spent together. 




At the end of the week I told Nate, "You know, I think we should retire here someday." He got the biggest smile and told me that was the point of the whole trip-to make me fall in love with the Oregon coast. Apparently, the trip was a success. 

No comments: