Saturday, August 23, 2014

Becoming a Happy Camper


I've never really been a happy camper.

Ok, well I'm usually at least a little happy, so I guess technically you could say I was always a happy camper... Lets just say I've never really been an extremely happy camper. Something about trying to sleep on the ground, the critters/insects, and the dirt would always make me tired, annoyed, and ok-a little scared.

However, the man I've married is an avid outdoors man who prides himself on the fact that for 30 nights this summer he has slept on the ground.

And you know, the thing about marriage is that sometimes you have to do things that aren't your favorite, because your spouse loves those things. He does this in the form of shopping expeditions, Sunday naps and certain movies-I do this for camping.

So, last week we had the pleasure of camping with Nate's awesome family. We explored some Redwoods, enjoyed the view of Crater Lake, went fishing in the ocean, and toasted way too many marshmallows. We loved spending time with the entire Rau family-being all together with every single member for my first time. We took in the beautiful sights of the foggy, northern California coast. We hiked, played games, and walked on the beach. Nate protected me from a skunk, helped me reel in my fish, and slowly and surely made me enjoy this camping thing.

And you know what? I've never been a more happy camper.







 The GIANT rock fish I caught! I was so excited about it! 


Nate getting his exercise.












Thanks Mom and Dad Rau for a wonderful trip, to the family for welcoming me in, and to my husband for not making fun of me when I got scared by spiders, skunks, and grossed out by fish. 

1 comment:

Jess said...

These pictures are breathtaking!! Looks like you had a wonderful time and made some awesome memories. That fish… It is huge. I am kind of surprised it didn't pull you in…