Monday, September 1, 2014

Six Years

I started this blog six years ago, as a freshman at BYU. Those early posts, complete with grammatical error and awful fashion choices are somewhat cringe worthy. However, when I do go back to the beginning and look at those first posts from a  young 18 year old me, I can't help but keep reading. I scroll through post after post, my heart stopping at certain lines of words that speak to me.

Words that I wrote.

Words that wrote me.

Although the posts that fill it have not always been profound, this little corner of the internet I've carved out for myself tells a story of becoming. You see it in the pictures, in the experiences and people included, and in the writing. However I like to think that more than just documenting those changes, this blog has catalyzed them. It was here that I learned the power words have on my soul,  and here that using those words, I became who I am today. 

The blog has changed as I have changed. I've debated many times starting a new one, a clean, white, blank canvas tempting me to leave. This blog wasn't ever about being fresh and new though-it has always been about the journey of becoming; a journey that inherently involves the past. It involves the ins and outs of the every day life, and the of those seemingly small and insignificant moments that come together and culminate in the creation of an entire life. A journey that romances me so greatly, that the temptation to start a new always fades.I think I'll stay here awhile longer still. 

There are words, and life, yet to be written.


---------------------------------------------------

I thought I'd celebrate my 6 years of blogging by creating a little list of the posts that mean the most to me (in no particular order)

Love 

No comments: