Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Best Days

Are double-feature movie days with my mom.

I love the afternoons turned evenings where we hide out in cool theaters sipping on large diet cokes, laughing, chatting, maybe crying.

Honestly for her and I they are necessary sometimes. We talk a lot. We visit, and spend time together frequently. And I always love being with her, and treasure those times.

But there is something about those double-feature movie days. They are never pre-meditated. But as we exit the movie, and chat, we soon find ourselves purchasing tickets again, not ready to leave quite yet. Not ready to exit the theater, and drive away in opposite directions.

It's the act of doing nothing, and choosing to do that nothing with each other that means the most to me.

So thanks mom. For the movies, the diet coke, the company, the chatting, and really just your time.

Can't wait to do it again.

No comments: