Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Thankful Heart

loud thunderstorms
autumn leaves that crunch
11:00am church
our primary class
cars that work
lazy Sundays
our little, perfect home on our quiet, simple street
white Christmases
our jobs
While You were Sleeping
our Nida
airplanes
delicious food
vacations to look forward to, and the memory of those had
my education
Nate's education
BYU brownies
a cozy bed
London
clothes on my back
shoes on my feet
the life we've carved out in "post-byu" provo
popcorn
friends near and far 
movie dates
love, for me and for those I love
chocolate
simple acts of kindness
those darling children who made me an aunt
good books
laughter
brothers and sisters-in law
pretty things
animals
Mom and Dad Rau, and their welcoming hearts
love letters
lotion
my loving, little sisters
hot water
cold pillows
starry nights
righteous, loving parents
general conference
beautiful music
inspiring people
the ocean
the savior, and his atonement
prayer
temples and eternal covenants
the book of mormon
a husband who is perfect for me
forehead kisses
twinkle lights
my body, and all it is capable of
that I married my best friend
a loving, caring father in heaven


Lately I've been tempted to compare-vacation days, wardrobes, financial situations, appearances-but there is no joy in that. I've found though that there is great joy in thanksgiving, in recognizing and appreciating all the many blessings that are mine. Some days I look at my life, and although very ordinary to some, it feels overwhelmingly extraordinary. I am so very blessed, and perhaps my greatest blessing is knowing where those blessings come from. God is good, and isn't it such a blessing to know that fact! He is good, kind, and knows me well enough to bless me with what I need, and things that bring me constant joy.

This is my life, and I am incredibly happy and thankful for it.



1 comment:

Jordan said...

Needed this today. Thank you!! Love you!