Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thanksgiving

Nate and I have spent Thanksgiving together before. It was last year, in Bend. 
We had a lovely time. His family was so gracious, and kind.
However-this boy wouldn't talk marriage with me. Here he was inviting me home for a big holiday and he would give me no mention of the future.

One accidently dropped Sierra West Jewelry business card, a happy teeth brushing experience though and I knew, even though wouldn't admit it, that he wanted to marry me.

Less than three weeks later we were engaged-ring and all. 

For all those reasons I love that Thanksgiving.

Luckily-this year, our first married Thanksgiving together, was very different but just as wonderful. We spent the weekend up at my parents house, enjoyed dinner at my darling Aunt's home, watched movies, shopped on Black Friday, decorated for Christmas, and checked out the lights. It was a very peaceful, happy Thanksgiving.

And luckily, just like last year, this guy is the thing I'm most thankful for.



My first time making sweet potatoes was a success!








 The same spot where we got engaged, just shy of a year ago.







1 comment:

Jess said...

You guys are too cute. Just stop. Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving. I need to take Jack to see the lights!