Sunday, March 29, 2015

We've Had Some Birthdays-Shout Hooray!

Birthdays are kind of a big deal around here. It's basically the perfect excuse to partake in all your favorite things! I like to make sure that all birthdays involve a lot of whatever the birthday person loves-myself included! Well mine and Nate's birthdays are only nine days apart, so what has been happening instead is one day of a lot of celebrating, a week of minor celebrating, capped off by another day of lots of celebrating.

It's kind of the best!

This year for my birthday we took it fairly easy. I had a pretty bad cold, but we still managed to make it one of my very best. We went to lunch at Black Sheep Cafe, went to see the Cinderella movie, got as many free birthday treats as possible and relaxed all evening. It was perfect.




That weekend we met up with my family to celebrate both of our birthdays. We took a stroll around the capitol, had a delicious dinner at Tucanos and opened a few presents. Sunday we had cake and ice cream with the rest of the family. It was a blast to celebrate both of our birthdays with so many people we love.











 (For me-two small candles representing a 2-for a "25")

  (for Nate-he's 26 now!)


 This past Saturday was Nathan's birthday! I made sure we did all of his favorite things! We stayed up late so he could open his presents at midnight. The next morning we slept in, and went out for breakfast. After that we went shooting, and we both had the best times-we probably only missed three clays between the two of us! Later we went to dinner at a delicious Chilean restaurant and went bowling.







We had the happiest nine days celebrating together. I loved my birthday, and Nate spoils me every year. But I have to admit that I love his birthday even more-I just love getting to celebrate him and have so many of his friends and family reach out to tell him how great he is. Because he really is the best.

This year especially I was overwhelmed by the love and kindness extended to us both by our friends and family during our birthdays. I have always said that I am surrounded by the best best people. Since Nate and I got married that circle of people has only grown. I'm so grateful for the wonderful people in both of our lives. Thanks for your friendship!

I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for the two of us-as 25 and 26 year olds. I have a feeling it is going to be a memorable one!

No comments: