Thursday, March 19, 2015

On my 25th Birthday

Today I turn 25.

25 is such a big number, at least it seems that way from this side of it. 

24 was so good to me, it may be a little hard to say goodbye. 24 brought me to the temple; in it I was married. I filled the days of 24 with hard work, good books, prayer, wonderful people, exciting vacations, and more laughter than ever before. Every day of it was filled with kind words, and kisses from my best friend.And for all this, along with the times of struggle and difficulty that came in it, I am so grateful.

I have high hopes for 25.

Hopes for more happiness, and new adventures. I hope 25 brings more self assurance, even more peace with who I am and where I'm at. I hope it brings new friends, and  better relationships with those I'm lucky to claim now. I hope it brings continued growth, increased knowledge, and even more laughter. I hope that in it I become a little better in each of my roles-wife, daughter, sister, friend. I hope it brings the kind of deeply-rooted strength that comes from overcoming hard things, and the overwhelmingly pure joy that comes from fully appreciating the blessings that are mine. 

I hope it brings more days at the zoo-days of complete happiness with Nate. Days where we let the worries and stresses go, and just look lions in the eye. 

And more than anything I hope that one year from today, among all the celebrating,  I'll read this little post and come to find that all my hopes for 25, and those I don't even know of right now, came true.

At least, that's what I'll be wishing for when I blow my candles out today.

No comments: