Tuesday, September 7, 2010

London Rain

It finally rained yesterday! I've been waiting for the London rain for quite awhile and yesterday it finally came. And it was beautiful. I've alwasy loved rain, and I'm pretty confident that I won't get sick of it. It's just too beautiful here.


(Jessica and I loved wearing our rain coats!)

So, besides rain yesterday was full of classes. Religion first where I found a new perspective to the apostacy. Instead of it being a time of nothing, it was a time of preserving many of the key things of Christianity. Had that not been the case Joseph wouldn't have been reading the Bible, he would not have known had to pray, or how to get answers. Instead of Joseph starting with a glass half empty, like so often it's portrayed, he started with a glass half full. Beautiful huh?
Then there was Jane Austen where I learned more about this intersting woman. I once pictured a beautiful, witty woman who was socially active and high in society. I'm beginging to think that only one of those is correct-the witty part. And at that time I'm not sure people even thought that of her. We were talking about how she was so politically aware, and ahead of her time, and how her vast knowledge allowed her to be so funny-I'm pretty sure she was the first Liz Lemon.
Then humanities. Can I tell you how great it is to study artwork from Duer, and Brugell and then go the next day to the gallery and see their work? It really brings it to life for me in a way I've never experience before. It makes humanities possible for me... pretty sure if I was in Provo this would not be the case :)
Then I had the pleasure of having a great Skype date where I got to talk to my favorite people. Thanks for waking up at 7:00 on your holiday family. It was good to see you.
The rest of the day was spent in true rainy day fashion-homework and adventure. I read for Great War in the bay window in the library as I watched the sky darken. And after a delicious dinner a few of us set out to explore. The drivers of the tube are currently on strike so we took to the busses! (I feel like strikes are suppose to be spontanous, to show what happens when you're all of a sudden not there... these guys have been planning it for days, and all it's shown is just how many busses London has, and how many people have bike)
We found a beautiful little church right by our home, and even little Israel... or somethink like that. All we know is that we went left when we should have gone right and all of a sudden the 8 of us are standing on the pavement looking at all the shop signs, and they're in arebic. Oh and the people eating at the tabels outside were all smoking hukas. We tried to get some ice cream, and when we decided we didn't want some we thought the workers were going to lock us in until we relented and bought some. We hopped on the next bus we saw, and after some mapping, and getting drenched we made it home-grateful for English, and normal smells.
I'm trying to upload at least one photo for this post but the internet here is really slow. I'll try to get some up on facebook or something soon!
PS-I just have to take a second and say how grateful I am for my friends here. I feel so lucky to be living with all these great girls! And the 2 boys. ha ha ha

3 comments:

robyne said...

yes, and I am sure those 2 boys are glad to be living with all those girls! Ha,ha.blogginmama

Shane said...

Great post and I'm pretty certain that those two boys are living their dream!!!

Lisa said...

I love reading about all your advetures. I am glad you are having such a great time. Love ya! Oh....how are those two boys? :)