Thursday, September 16, 2010

This Week in Review

Today:
It started out a little rough, I fell down the stairs, got hair gel on my shirt right after I got dressed, and dreamed that I got to go home so I woke up homesick! So, my roommates and I decided to name all of the things that are great about today so we would be more excited about it! We came up with the following:
-it's thursday
-we were having good dinner
-in austen class darcy and lizzy finally got together
-I wore my cool flower embelishment

And that was it. Who knew that it would also include:
-Giraffe smoothies
-getting 2 out of 3 essays done!
-theraputic dish doing
and best for last
-a package from home!!! With a necklace I wanted and love! It's from Etsy, and it says
"Theres no place like home!" I love that as I travel Europe (Paris on Monday!!!) I get to wear this and remember home! So wonderful!

Wednesday:
A day trip to Bodiam Castle, Bateman's house (he wrote The Jungle Book), Battle Abby (where the Battle of Hastings took place) and Monk's house (where Virgina Woolfe lived)! It was so much fun! I loved it!




Isn't it a beautiful castle?? Ok well I totally would have uploaded more photos however, apparently we're not suppose to upload pictures to blogs anymore because of how slow the Internet is being. So basically, I have to go to McDonalds to upload them... I better get around to it more often or I may have some disappointed parents! Oh well.
My favorite part of Wed. was going to Bateman's house. Sometimes I feel like I could be a good writer, if I tried really hard. But if I lived here I could be an amazing writer!!! Talk about inspiration. It was gorgeous! I loved it!

Tuesday:
The whole program went and saw the play War Horse. It was beautiful set and puppetry (is that a word) wise, but a little cheesy as far as dialog goes!
Monday:
I went to the V&A and visited the Victoria and Albert Museum! Our assignment was to visit the Fashion section and write about the dresses from Jane Austen's time. It was great! However, my favorite part was the visit to the limited time Grace Kelly exhibit!

I would love to dress like Grace Kelly! This is one of her most princessy ones! I love it! I learned so much about her! She really is my fashion icon! Can you say classy?
Oh and I bought the cd for the Grace Kelly tribute-it is filled with Frank and Dean, and all of that wonderfulness. It may or may not be the most played on my ipod right now! :)
Well, I'll try to put nice pictures up later! Sorry about that. It makes me sad, not gonna lie. Anyways, thanks for reading despite pictures! Love you all!

1 comment:

robyne said...

You are right you would have some disappointed parents! Love the Grace Kellu dress, and I can't wait to hear the CD. xoxoxo