Monday, April 4, 2011

21 Years Old

Better late than never I just want to do a quick post about my birthday. I spent the entire weekend celebrating and It was great because of the opportunity I had to surround myself with friends and family I love very much.


Also, lots of good food, ncaa basketball, laughter, shopping, and more food :)


Friday:I started my new job-great early birthday present. I'm loving it very much so far and I'm grateful to have a job that understands how important school is to me, and lets me make that my first priority.


That night I met up with a bunch of friends and had a great dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. I'm so grateful for my friends that drove all the way to Provo to come (some even from Logan, and although my birthday was not priority #1 for that drive, we can pretend!) and for the time I got to spend with all of them.


However, I was so busy having so much fun socializing I took hardly no pictures. So, here is what I do have:


Amanda and I at dinner


Shell, Rach and Stace... 4th times the charm


After dinner we went back to my apartment for dessert. My roommate Lizzy was so kind to make me such a great birthday cake. It was delicious. And Lins was so great to bring candles that never blow out. If my wishes don't come true I blame the candles ;)
Saturday-my actual birthday


I did exactly what I wanted to. Hung with the family and went shopping!



I was not only able to get 30% off at banana on 3 very cute tops, but I found/fell in love with what I refer to as my "skirt that goes with everything", which was also 15% off. (i love that j.crew loves students) And I also got 10% off another top I bought. I paid full price for nothing and that was the best birthday gift I could have received.


After shopping I met the family at The Cheesecake Factory. Before everyone else got there though mom and I waited at the bar and had some diet cokes. And I got carded for the first time. It was epic, and I loved being able to sit down and enjoy my dc while waiting instead of standing in that huge crowd of people-see being 21 already has great perks.



Look at how sweet the Cheesecake Factory was with my birthday cheesecake? I blame the creepy waiter...


Sunday

I spent hanging out with the family. We had one of my cousins over for my birthday dinner and then we all headed over to Aunt Debbies to celebrate with the family. I loved having so much help blowing out my candles and it's always fun to share a birthday with Scott.


Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! It was a great one!

No comments: