Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Classy Christmas

When I was probably 8 or 9 my sisters and I were busily playing at my grandparents house. As we were getting ready to leave my grandma came into the room and told me she had something she wanted to give me. As she opened a green velvet jewelry box a beautiful strand of  pearls was revealed. She explained that when she and my grandpa were dating he gave them to her, and that now she wanted me to have them.

That is the precise moment that I fell in love with pearls. From then on I have associated pearls with the purest love, and complete classiness. It was more then falling in love with the pearls though, it was the self-realization that I could own pearls. It was at that moment that I realized-" I'm the kind of girl that will wear pearls." My grandma gave me much more than an old strand of pearls that night. She gave me a glimpse into the kind of girls she thought I was, and therefore the kind of woman she knew I could be. One with class.

Luckily, classy is something easier to become when you associate with people who have that same goal. That is how the Annual Classy Christmas Party came about last year, hosted by some of my most classy friends. It was simply an opportunity for all of us poor, exhausted college students to take a break from our finals, dress to the nines, and celebrate together this most joyous of holidays.

Friday night was the Second Annual Classy Christmas Party. It surpassed my expectations, and will go down as one of my favorite holiday memories. It was a night full of so many of my favorite things-delicious food, sparkling china, the green dress, Christmas music, laughter, some of the best people I know, and pearls. Of course I wore the pearls.

Some of the classiest people I know.


The girls of 231. That's right, this beautiful girl is officially moved in!

The food was absolutely delicious... thanks girls



The night ended with hand washing 60 settings of china and I have to say that pajama/kitchen cleaning parties are my new favorite. A big thank you to the Pitcher family for letting us invade your home, use your beautiful china, and sleep on your love sacs. Also thanks to the girls of 897, for being some of the best party planners I know.

A very classy Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

*pictures all stolen from facebook, or from the iphone.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I love that story and had no idea! You look great in pearls and that green dress! Wish I could have been there. Love you!

Lauren said...

Girl WHERE is that green dress from? gorg.