Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas Darling


The big Christmas festivities around here take place on Christmas Eve. That night we go to the Child's for a wonderful dinner, games, and of course a visit from the Wise Men. As always this party was the highlight of Christmas-being surrounded by the people I love most, listening to all the laughter, and seeing the cute children experience the magic of the season.


That night we got back to the house and talked of Christ's life and birth. It was a nice reminder of the reason we celebrate, and I always love that part of Christmas. We then received the annual cozy Christmas pajamas, and got ready for bed. Before falling asleep mom always reads us a festive children's book. This year it was written by one of my very favorite people, President Monson. Even if you already know the story you should each read his new book, The Christmas Train. It was lovely.

Christmas day involved presents, family brunch, and lots of time just hanging out together in our pjs. I love the simplicity of Christmas day in the London house-no fancy dinners, no organized activities really-just hanging out with each other-eating when we feel like it, opening presents when we feel like it, and napping when we feel like it. It truly is the most wonderful day.

My Christmas was full of the things I love most. The Savior, my family, kind words and visits with dear friends, and lots of peace.

I hope yours was full of whatever it is that you love most.



PS: Here is our lovely "model" shot in our PJs. I guess we shouldn't quit our day jobs...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It sounds like your holiday was perfect! Our big night is Christmas Eve too and I love it. Also, I loveeeeeeeeee your Christmas pajamas!!!