Saturday, December 22, 2012

Accidently Sitting on the Floor

A couple weeks ago was the big BYU vs Utah Deseret Duel basketball game. In my family this means that Dad has to "work"  and go to the game, let them feed him delicious food, meet some great coaches and hand out a trophy at the end.

Talk about serious perks to a job!

For the rest of us it means tagging along and watching Dad shine. Lately it has also meant suprisingly getting upgraded to some sweet seats (remember the football game?). This game was no exception. My parents had floor seasts for the big basketball game, so I went down and said hi to them. We then realized that their was an extra seat and it was quickly offered to me, if I wanted it.

Obviously it was an easy decision.

The rest of the game was spent enjoying the view, falling even more in love with Brandon Davies, enjoying way too much free candy, and hanging out with the parents. It was fun to have this opportunity on my turf here at BYU, and to teach the parents all about the ways of BYU basketball. And how many college kids really get to sit in fancy floor seats at their school?



 Thanks so much to DFCU for the extra ticket, Dad's job, and always helping me when I can't remember my debit card pin number. Thanks to BYU for another great game, for making Graham Canyon ice cream and for sharing wonderful seats with me. Last, but most importantly thank you Brandon for being attractive, and a good ball player (in that order).

P.S. Even Brandon was excited about winning the Duel. See!

The cooler under my seat with a candy bar and two bottled waters
Half-time treats. Popcorn, candy, ice cream, Diet Coke, and... a canoli? 


My favorite picture of the night... Dad fighting the obstacles to get back to his seat, while the board chairman (far right) looks on in amazement.



No comments: