Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Family Home Evening-Singles Ward Style

The second half of the rap

The first half of the rap

When I think of Family Home Evening many things come to my mind.... long, long, long lessons given by a certain sister of mine who is an awesome teacher(I always loved them dear), brownies, family announcements, ice cream, calendar coordinating, jamba juice, sharing testimonies, cake, fun activities, and of course treats! I loved getting together and having at least one night where I knew that I could be with my family. Here in Provo though-family home evening is a whole new experience. Last week for family home evening we had had a little game and treats as an entire ward. It was fun but its hard to become good friends with everyone when there are 150 crazy 18 year olds running around asking questions like "What color is your toothbrush?"! I was very excited to get put into family home evening groups so I could get to know some people better in a little bit less crazy environment. Well last night I headed down to the Quad with the rest of my ward. We all met together and after an opening prayer all our bishopric and our bishop's wife gave each one of us a piece of paper with our name on it, and the name of an animal. The goal was to get your entire home evening group together by making the noise of the animal on your paper! It was pretty intense-just for those of you who were wondering I was a cow. And, I was one of the first people to get my animal so here I was moo-ing in the middle of everyone.. it was kind of embarrassing! Luckily I eventually found my awesome FHE "family" When all the families found each other we then had the awesome task of making up a rap with everyones name on it and then presenting that to the other families! We had such a good time making it up! After that we had, in the spirit of FHE tradition, treats! I stayed after for awhile getting to know my FHE fam. It was so much fun and I'm so excited for next Monday night!

Just in case you were wondering... the rap is to the tune of the theme song from Fresh Prince of Bel Air

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! I can't wait to hear more.

Jennifer said...

Love the blog!! I'm so glad you're enjoying BYU. It was fun to see you at mutual tonight!!
Jenny