Monday, February 23, 2009

Rain, Rain Never Go Away, Come Again Any Day

Every morning when I wake up, as in when I decide the snooze button can not be hit any more times, the first thing I do is turn over and look out my window. This first look into the new day tells me a lot about what to expect for the day. This morning when I looked outside and saw a grey, cloudy sky I knew today was going to be a good day. I think maybe my heart belongs in Seattle, because a rainy day is exquisitely beautiful to me. As I walked to class with rain drops falling on my head I couldn't help but smile-it was perfect. And even though rain means the bottom of the leg of my pants gets wet and my newly straightened hair gets wavy every day it rains I feel renewed, clean, content. I can't help but smile as I watch it gently fall over the world, or listen to it softly hit my window. You may think I'm a pessimist, or crazy for not craving sunny weather right now but I can honestly say that today has been one of the best days here in a long time, and I blame the rain for that...

No comments: