Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dear Mom,

Thanks for teaching me to laugh. Thanks for teaching me to be happy. Thanks for teaching me to love those around me. Thanks for giving me your eyes. Thanks for teaching me that Heavenly Father loves me, and how to pray.

Thanks for teaching me to read. Thanks for teaching me to dress myself in a way that matches. Thanks for letting me be a kid. Thanks for teaching me to be patient. Thanks for making me feel beautiful, special, and good. Thanks for giving the best hugs. Thanks for being on my side.

As I got older, you taught me to serve others when I was being selfish. And to put my heart into everything I truly want. Seriously, because of you I knew how to do that. Thanks for teaching me I could do or be anything I wanted. Thanks for supporting me and always being my biggest fan. Thanks for helping me, especially when I denied needing it.

Thanks for loving me, wiping my tears, playing with my hair, staying up with me when I couldn't sleep, telling me everything will be alright, laughing with me, spending time with me, telling me stories, answering my questions, and teaching me. I've learned so much from you, and because of you and you're influence I'm growing into a better woman each day.

I love you Mom.

Love,
Colie

PS-Thanks for always sharing your chocolate too!


And to all my other mother figures. Thanks for always being there, teaching me, inspiring me, and loving me as your own. I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful women in my life to look up to, admire, and learn from. I love you all.

1 comment:

robyne said...

Thanks...you make me cry!