Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Digging

Tonight, I've been digging. No my job answering phones for a vinyl fence company hasn't inspired me to give installation a try, I've been digging inside. In my room to be exact. I dug through a huge pile of books to look at my high school scrapbooks. It's so weird to think about that time in my life. I am so happy for where I am in life and wouldn't trade it for a second but sometimes I envy the days when my biggest problem was if someone would ask me to Prom or how I was going to have time to accomplish all my extra-curricular activities, and who was mad at who for talking to their boyfriend. I see my sisters going through the same thing and I realize that it is not as easy as I just made it sound. At the time all of these problems are life changing, and you feel like it's the hardest thing being the only one not going to the dance, or breaking up with your first boyfriend. You don't realize till later down the road how going through those things that seemed incredibly hard have made you stronger then you ever thought you'd be. So, although I sometimes envy the small problems compared to the more adult ones (not fully adult! I can't even handle thinking about those things yet!) I am grateful for how hard those "little" things were then because they taught me to handle the bigger ones now. And I'm sure the bigger ones I'm handling now will seem just as minuscule down the road. Life is good like that. God is good like that.



So, tonight when I dig through the scrapbooks and laugh as I remember the way I had to wear my corsage on my forearm to Sweethearts senior year because of my burn marks from the steamer, or the time I spent at grad night watching my best friend teach my mom how to advance to the next level of the Mario game on the Wii or even how awkward Homecoming was despite being great friends with the boy... anyways-as I laugh at these things tonight I just want to honor the past, because it's made me who I am today.


And who I am today is kinda cool sometimes.


(in a non coincided way)