Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Break...

This past Christmas break it was so nice to be home with my family. Some of my very favorite moments were just sitting and taking in the decorations:

-Or sitting on the couch drinking diet coke, watching American football

-Eating kraft mac and cheese

-Getting a pedicure with mom!

-Putting my jet lag to good use and spending the early hours of the morning catching up on Modern Family
-Bubble baths with my lush bath fizzes
-Cookie baking/decorating with my dad and sisters
-Cheesecake and only good conversation with Stace
-Creeper Santa at Candle light Christmas
-Downtown lights
-Christmas with the Child family, including meeting sweet baby London
-Catching up on trash mags
-Cafe rio... multiple times
-Cuddling with the cutest puppy in the world
-Hanging out with Lex
-Celebrating Christmas!
-Watching Emma and eating Galexy chocolate (keeping the English spirit alive and well)
-Car shopping... and our test run in the Passport....
-Driving the truck everywhere necessary
-Sleeping in
-Spending time by myself, after sharing a house with 35 others this was a special luxury
-Seeing coach Whitingham at what was probably the most boring chick flick of my life
-The roof for dinner... the mint chocolate cake was very good to me again. Just like last year!

-Sundays at the Alta Heights ward

-Seeing old friends, and missing the new ones

-Dance parties in the kitchen

-New Years with the Childs

-James remembering me

-Ringing in the new year at the U with Stace and Lex

-True Grit

-And just hanging out with the family

It was so nice to just be with my family. I know I've said that about 4 times in this post already but honestly, the rest was all just icing on the cake. I feel like I found a new love for Christmas this year, because I realized how much it is really is about being with the people you love.

And thats what made it so great.

No comments: