Monday, January 24, 2011

Cuz We Make The Hipsters Fall in Love

A bunch of London girls with our best hipster impressions


when we got our hotpants on and up...

Yea, I'm not really sure about that? But after Friday night I'm pretty sure I know about hipsters. Last week I got a fb invitation to my friend Sarah's hipster birthday party. Well, I decided that I need to do some research before I could go to the DI and put together an outfit I would otherwise never be caught dead in:
Exhibit A:


So, I checked out this youtube video. And this blog.


Then set out for the DI. After getting all "hipster" we of course took some "hipster" pics. You know the kind I'm talking about... the casual i-know-your-taking-a-picture-of-me-but-I-don't-conform-to smiling.
yea. just one of the many reasons I couldn't be hipster in real life.
It was great fun getting all hipster, and the party was a blast. Whenever I get to mingle with my London friends it's always a good time. And the whole theme of the party reminded me why I actually do enjoy going to school at BYU. Who else has these kind of parties?
With the birthday girl. Happy 21st Sarah!

One downer... camera is basically dead. And turns out the charger is legit broken, not just won't work in UK broken. American broken. Dang. So sorry for the lack of smiling pictures, I promise there are a few on one of my friends cameras!

On the upside... gotta love the glasses.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love it Nicole! I really think you mastered that outfit - especially the glasses. SO magnifique!