Monday, January 17, 2011

Love Long Weekends

Since coming back to Provo I've been kind of sick. Not of classes or walking to school in freezing temperatures, but legit runny nose/ears killing kind of sick.

I got a cold once last semester, and although it sucked being sick I kept thinking:
"At least I'm sick in Paris and London."

I decided to try that same positive thinking but the phrase:
"At least I'm sick in Provo"
doesn't really have the same ring for some reason. In fact it is kind of just a double negative... which does not equal a positive in this case.

However, since I had a long weekend I got to go home, and the phrase:
"At least I'm sick at home"
is a definite positive.

Here is why:

Parents to check on you, 3 movies (Inception-lived up to my expectations, Social Network-can't get enough, and Country Strong-finally), the Golden Globes, Cafe Rio, Dad's homemade chicken noodle soup, strobel cookies, sleeping in, and my nice bed.

Also, when you have a long weekend you have time to make it to the dr-apparently I have a pretty bad sinus infection as well as an ear infection.

Which probably wasn't helped by the other great part about long weekends-hanging out with my friends at home. This weekend that involved a great dance party thrown by a lds fraternity up at the U. The music was more than a little loud-which didn't help my ears-but it was worth it to hang out with those girls. They really let me have the best of both the provo and the slc worlds by inviting me to things, and always finding time to hang out. I love that.

So, although today the doctor said I needed rest, antibiotics, and plenty of fluids (I hope diet coke counts) this weekend was really what I needed to start feeling better.

"At least I'm not as sick as I was before... in Provo"

Sounding better already!


Also-I changed the look of my blog. I'm still kind of playing with it, but I'm not in London anymore and therefore my blog couldn't be either. That was an amazing experience that I appreciate more, and learn more from every day still. However, I love what I'm doing with my life now too, and I'm excited to share that as well. Let me know what you think.

No comments: