Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011: California


Last Thanksgiving I spent my break in Ireland. I had a burger, fries and a shake at the Hard Rock for my dinner, and as I ate with some of the greatest girls I know. We all spoke of what we were thankful for-and we each, obviously, mentioned our families. We were especially thankful for them as we sat 1,000s of miles away from home.
This Thanksgiving I spent my break in California. We had a turkey dinner at the Carnation Cafe in Disneyland, but the real meal of the day was the breakfast buffet at the Disneyland hotel! As I sat around the table with my favorite people in the world I was especially grateful for them, and the opportunity we had to spend the week together in the happiest place on earth.

Boots and beach




Infamous corn dogs

World of color



I couldn't believe how pretty the park was decorated for the holidays



There was even fake snow



That one time I almost beat dad at Midway Mania

The dessert portion of my... breakfast. Yep it was one of those days. Don't worry I didn't eat all the "cuties" in one sitting.

Favorite picture from the entire trip. But really.

Other highlights: getting soaked on splash mountain and having our saint of  a dad buy us all sweatpants to change into; or car rides home at night-us girls laughing hysterically while Megan kept saying "What?" and Dad looking straight faced ahead... he was a little exhausted of it; being accused of only caring about "snoozing and treats, treats and snoozing" which somehow turned into sneats and treason and then finally sneezing, spending time with the family. 

We had a blast together! Thanks for taking us parents. I loved it!

1 comment:

robyne said...

Has anyone ever told you that you have a really weird mom???