Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Best Of Both Worlds

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST MAY CAUSE SOME READERS TO MAKE FUN OF THE WONDERFUL WRITER. SHE OPENLY ACKNOWLEDGES THIS FACT BUT WANTS TO MAKE THE POINT THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SHE RESPOND TO THE NAME "ZOOBIE". IT IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE. TO ILLUSTRATE THIS POINT SHE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS MOMENT TO CELEBRATE THIS MONUMENTAL DAY.... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PAC 10 BABY!

NOW TO YOUR PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING...
I must say, I've always thought I had the Best of Both Worlds. I get to go to school so close to my family. I still the the Sunday dinners, free laundry, fast Sunday's at Aunt Debbie's, my high school friends, hanging out with my sisters and a queen size bed.
Yet, Provo is far enough away from home to allow me to have space, the opportunity to learn to cook (ha ha yea right), another family (aka roommates), new experiences, a closeness to class so I wont be late (an even bigger yea right-ha ha literally and figuratively!!), and more of a social life, random dance parties, and plenty of things to laugh at.

I know what you're thinking-I have the life huh? The Best of Both Worlds(not in a Miley way-she was so 3 years ago. Comparing her music video to Zach Efron? Only if he's become a male stripper lately...) But sometimes I miss....


Yea, that's right. I miss the beautiful mountains, and the attractive boys everywhere, and Guru's (Oh Guru's.... you're so good to me...) and the rollerblading around the block, and the friends, and the monday/thursday tv nights, and studying in the park, and the beautiful tree lined streets, and the leg limboing contests.
So today I write this in the hope that someday, in about 6 months when the thought of leaving a beautiful country to attend school in classrooms and have to walk uphill in a blizzard just to get to a long boring lectures where we only talk of far away places instead of adventuring to them... seems like a nightmare, I will read this and remember that deep down, I love Provo. (and maybe after seeing how long that run on sentence is a classroom is still kind of needed)

But for now, I'll just visit Provo once in awhile, until LONDON calls :)


(Do you think London has a Yo Zone, because that is the heart of Provo my friends. Apple tart? Seriously who comes up with this stuff and can I marry them? If not, oh well.)

1 comment:

robyne said...

What a funny girl you are! It is okay to love and miss Provo...it is actually the experiences, people, and a few of the local hot spots that you miss...I know that you are still Red,Red,Red. Go UTES! London will be awesome! Returning to life at BYU will be awesome....and yes, the future with the PAC 10 will be awesome! Love ya girl!!