Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sliver of Nervous

I have loved this summer! Going to movies, church, roasting marshmallows, and just hanging out with my family. Spending nights getting Frozen Yogurt, crusin around and Target shopping with my friends. I'm also grateful for the time I've been able to spend working, the nice people there, the things I've learned and the money I've earned.

Butt very soon it will end.

And I am VERY excited for what comes next as well! London is all too soon!!!

I need to be honest I am SO excited about London. Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm going to be living there, and that this is my life. That I get such a great opportunity! And at the same time a little sliver of nervousness creeps in. I try to push it to the side but I think for right now it needs acknowledgement, because this is the truth...

I'm going to miss my family, a lot a lot.

There, now that I have that off my chest maybe I can just be excited...

Nope, still nervous about that part. It was worth a try.

The truth is that I have never gone as long as I will without seeing my family. I act the part of an independent woman, all grown up but in reality I am still very much dependent. And not financially (had to throw that in for my accountant Ahem dad. However I've been making great strides in that field!!) Honestly, I'm very dependent on the comfort of being close to home.

So, London is out of my comfort zone. And that is why it's so exciting. Learning to be away from home (I feel like Provo is so close it doesn't really count) and really truly on my own are two things I feel like I need. And that I get to learn these lessons somewhere I've always dreamed of going is so exciting.

So, I'll try to push that sliver of nervous aside, because nervous or not London is calling!

No comments: