Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today I Was Kind of a Smart Alek... Mom will miss it

I have a hard time justifying the time to blog right now. I have so much I need and want to do. But I also want to remember all these feelings I have right now.

Each night I get more sad about leaving my family and friends. I know it sounds like of immature, but I've never been this far away from home and it does make me sad to know I won't be seeing these people I love in so long.

However each day as I go about getting ready, or in my conversations with other people I get more excited. I still can't believe I'm actually going to be living in England! And I am so excited for this opportunity. I'm excited to learn how to be truly on my own, away from home. I'm excited to learn, explore and discover new things not only about England but about myself. I'm so grateful for this opportunity and I can't wait to live each moment their to its fullest.

So, here is a little update on whats been accomplished:
Rolling coins, trips to the credit union, lunch with mom, hair cut, laundry, family history run through, lots of Jane Austen reading, attending Abbie's tennis match, fhe at the desert star, hanging out with Lexi and Stace, shopping ( I LOVE the dress I'm taking), and cleaning my room. Packing has semi begun... it just needs to be transferred to a suitcase.

What I have to look forward to the next few days:
Hanging out with Rachelle, trip down to Provo, lots more Jane Austen reading, packing, lunch with dad, errand to the copy center for my genealogy info, book buying, dinner with friends, afternoon in Ephraim, wedding, baby shower, and spending as much time as possible with the family.

PS-Loving the new camera.. but for some reason the computer is tired and won't load the pictures right now. Sorry!

No comments: