Monday, February 4, 2013

A Big Sigh of Relief

Every year I dread January. It is cold, and long and hard.

And this year it seemed that it was especially all of those thing-especially cold, especially long and mostly especially hard.

However, it did bring some good things. When I look back on January 2013 I want to remember the Sunday night some of my favorite people crowded into our living room to watch the Golden Globe awards (and even the guys got into it). And the weekend I spent in Idaho. And the nights we all gathered to play Ticket to Ride. I want to remember going to Phantom of the Opera. And cuddling up on the couch watching Revenge. And the Relief Society sleepover up in Park City. I especially want to remember the night we all experienced Duck Beach. Although it may have been the coldest winter I can remember, it worked some indoor magic, as we all piled into our homes to share food, movies, stories, and a lot of laughter. In January I fell in love with my friends all over again.

That being said I must admit that there was a huge sigh of relief on Friday-when February came to town. January exhausts me, but February always lifts me back up again. Although this February is going to be very busy, I'm excited for what it is bringing. A weekend trip to St. George. Valentine's Day. A President's Day holiday. The Academy Awards. A week in Washington D.C. complete with some catch up time with a dear friend. And hopefully I'll be able to check a few things off my Provo bucket list.

Already February has brought me a relaxing weekend at home, free food, cuddle time with my favorite baby, the Super Bowl and Beyonce's half time show.

Honestly, I think this February is my reward for making it through January. A reward I am more than ready to claim.

So, heres to February.

No comments: